Welcome back to a new school year at BCS! I am happy to be taking over the PTA President position and we have many exciting things planned. Last year the PTA had a great year, we accomplished a lot! Here are a few highlights:
- New shade umbrellas for the BCS Playground
- Career Day for grades 6-8
- K-8 Variety Show Production
- Walk – a – Thon for K-8, last year we were able to purchase much needed individual classroom libraries with the money raised!
- Book Club (run by Heather Warner)
- Spelling Team activities
- Tuition assistance for Bolton students who qualified for the National Invention Convention held in Dearborn, Michigan
- World Language area events such as the field trips for 7th & 8th grade to LaBrioche Bakery, Flamenco dancing presentations, and the annual Margarita’s field trip for 7th grade Spanish students; chinchilla visit (from the Lutz Museum) for South American studies, French Intern visit from Yale for French students in all applicable grades, Mexi-can Artist visit for all Spanish students in all grades
- Traveling Programs from The Boston Museum of Science (2nd and 3rd grades)
As I mentioned we have many things planned for this year. You can find them in the PTA Calendar of events that was sent home with your students. You can also find it on our Facebook page here. Our open meetings are the first Monday of every other month starting on October 1st held in the BCS library at 7:00 pm. Our first meeting of the year will feature an update from Principal Giard. I look forward to seeing you all there.
One thing that is of great importance is finding 2 new volunteers to help run our annual Scholastic Book Fair. If you are interested please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, feel free to reach out to myself or any of the other PTA board members with any questions or concerns. We welcome all feedback!
Elise Marx (Formally Segar)