The Student Enrichment Committee endeavors to provide quality activities for the students at Bolton Center School by budgeting funds for programs, assemblies, and field trips to both complement and enhance the basic curriculum. The activities within the programs are designed to enhance the students’ knowledge and provide a wonderful way to share a variety of outside resources and experiences.
The PTA Enrichment area funds and coordinates popular author visits each school year and focuses much of its efforts toward encouraging kids to develop a love of reading and writing.
Other initiatives and programs the Enrichment area funds and/or coordinates include but are not limited to the following:
- Annual Read-a-Thon for grades Pre-K through 8
- Career Day for grades 6-8
- Nutmeg Book Program and book purchases
- Spelling Team activities
- Book Club
- Annual Run to Read 5k Road Race
- World Language area activities including the Lutz Museum chinchilla visit, field trips for for 7th & 8th grade French students to LaBrioche Bakery, Flamenco dancing presentations, the annual 7th Mexican Artist visit for all Spanish students in all grades
- Traveling Programs from The Boston Museum of Science
- Author visits (typically two per school year – one for grades K-4, and one for grades 5-8)
To assist our Enrichment team, please contact our Student Enrichment Chair: Kelly McDougal-Ross